Department of Physics
Course Home Pages
OSU Physics Demos
Student Information Systems
OSU Academic Calendar
PHYS3113 Heat, Fall 2016
Thermometry, heat transfer, elementary theory of specific heat and the three laws of thermodynamics.
- Prerequisites: PHYS 2114 or equivalent and MATH 2163 or concurrent enrollment.
- Textbook: An Introduction to Thermal Physics, 1999, by Daniel V. Schroeder.
- Clickers will be used for in-class questions. We are participating the TurningPoint Cloud pilot
program and students will receive free licences to be used with your mobile devices.
Of course, if you already have a clicker device, it can also be used.
- RESOURCES page contains lecture schedule, homework related instructions, HW assignments to be submited in paper, homework solutions, videos, and interactive simulations.
- Lectures: MWF 1:30-2:20, PS 112
- Instructor: Dr. Donghua Zhou Tel: 744-3277 email: email@example.com
- Office hour: by appointment, @ 230 L HBRC (please call 744-3277 when you are in the lobby)
- Syllabus (PDF)
- OSU Syllabus Attachment: important dates, academic integrity, etc.